32 oz. Bavarian sauerkraut drained well
24 oz cooked corned beef deli sliced and chopped
4 C Swiss cheese shredded
1 C mayonnaise
1 C Thousand Island dressing
4 Tbsp butter melted
1 C rye bread crumbs
1. Toast the rye bread and process in blender to make rye crumbs
2. Layer the sauerkraut, corned beef, Swiss cheese in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish and set aside.
3. Prepare the sauce by mixing the mayonnaise and Thousand Island dressing together.
4. Pour the sauce over the casserole mixture.
5. Mix together the butter and bread crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
6. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
"Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking," Capt. Dick May's newest cookbook, can be ordered at www.Amazon.com. Go to "Cookbooks," then to the "Food and Wine" category. Type in "Capt. Dick's Seafood & Southern Country Cooking" and click. A picture of the cookbook, price and information for ordering will be displayed.